Skip to main content



Thank you for your service to our country and welcome to Neosho County Community College.  The Office of Student Financial Aid serves students using Veterans Affairs (VA) educational assistance through the Post 9/11 GI Bill, Montgomery GI Bill, Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP), Dependent’s Educational Assistance and VA Vocational Rehabilitation benefits.


NCCC’s certifying official is Lori Clements and can be reached at or by calling 620-432-0330.  To use your VA educational benefits, you must enroll in NCCC courses and be certified by the NCCC VA certifying official.


Please visit the links below that apply to you:

New Student – If you are a new student using your VA educational benefits for the first time, you must apply to the VA to see if you are eligible to use educational benefits.  You can do this process online or by paper at Once the VA has processed your application, you will receive a certificate of eligibility from them.  A copy of your application and certificate of eligibility should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid for the NCCC VA certifying official.

You can also access your education benefits through your E-Benefits account if you have one.  You can print off a copy of your Enrollment Benefits Status page, this will serve as a Certificate of Eligibility.  You can also start the application process by going to:

benef Go to to obtain information about Credit for Prior Learning

Once you receive the certificate of eligibility from the VA and enroll in courses at NCCC, please notify the NCCC certifying official of your enrollment.  If you are using Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 benefits, you must also verify your attendance to the VA on the last day of every month of the semester by calling 1-877-823-2378 or online at


Continuing Student – If you are a continuing NCCC student utilizing your VA educational benefits, you must notify the NCCC VA certifying official each semester of attendance.  It is recommended that you do this well in advance of the semester begin date to ensure timely payment of your educational benefits.

We ask that you send an e-mail to NCCC's School Certifying Official when you enroll in classes and when there is any change in your class schedule, such as adding or dropping a class.  This will make your certification much more accurate and help us to better serve you.



Transfer Student – If you have used your VA educational benefits at another school and are transferring to NCCC, you must complete VA form 22-5495 (change of place form) at  Once you submit this form and enroll in NCCC courses, you must notify the NCCC VA certifying official of your enrollment. A copy of VA form 22-5495 and certificate of eligibility should be submitted to the Office of Financial Aid for the NCCC VA certifying official.



Tuition Assistance (TA) – If you will be utilizing TA, you must contact the Accounts Receivable Clerk on the Chanute Campus at 620-432-0339 or by email at  Each branch of service has its own rules and methods of applying for TA.


Counseling and disability coordination from Dean of Students, Kerrie Coomes, or 620-432-0304.

If you have additional questions regarding your VA educational benefits, the following VA FAQ page may be helpful:

Additional resources for Veterans in Kansas can be found at the KanVet website by clicking their logo below: