2020/2021 NCCC Financial Aid Check List
for Fall 2020 through Summer 2021 Semesters
A complete financial aid file consists of the following documents and procedures:
- A correct, processed 2020/2021 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) with our federal school code (001936) listed. You can submit a FAFSA or add our federal school code to a prior application at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa. You can get more information about the FAFSA here.
- A completed NCCC Student Data Form
- Be admitted to NCCC as a degree or certificate seeking student. To be eligible for Federal Aid you must be working towards a degree or certificate. To apply for admissions complete an online admissions application or contact the Admissions office. To change your degree status please contact the Registration office.
- An official copy of your High School Transcript or GED certificate (test scores) must be on file and recorded though the NCCC Registrar's Office. This transcript can be faxed or mailed to the NCCC Registrar's office from the diploma issuing institution.
- An official copy of all post secondary (college) academic transcripts must be on with the NCCC Registrar's Office. These transcripts can be mailed to the NCCC Registrar's office from the institution you attended.
- A Review of Satisfactory Academic Progress(SAP). Previous college academic transcript(s) will be evaluated and credits transferred to our system by the Registrar's office so SAP can be performed. See the NCCC College Catalog for details regarding this process. SAP cannot be performed until all transcripts have been evaluated and entered into our system by the Registrar's office.
- Optional--Submit a loan application. To apply for a Student Stafford Loan, go to our Loan Process page.
If you are selected for verification*, the following items are also required:
- Signed 2018 IRS Tax Return Transcript
- NCCC Verification Worksheet
If you are selected for verification additional source documents may also be required for all members of your household, such as:
- Child support received (January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018)
- Child support paid (January 1, 2018– December 31, 2018)
- Other documentation as requested.
* If you are a dependent student, all of the verification information is required of parents also.
Print a 2020-2021 Financial Aid Check List or financial aid forms.
Once your financial aid file is complete, the NCCC Business Office will defer allowable charges. (Allowable charges include items such as tuition, fees, books, and on campus housing).
Please send all documents to your NCCC Office of Student Financial Aid.