Mary Grimes School of Nursing is a Bi-Level Nursing Program. At the completion of your first year (Level I) you will be eligible to take the LPN boards. In order to complete the second year (Level II), you must pass LPN boards. At the completion of your second year you will be eligible to take the RN boards.
If you are currently an LPN or in an LPN program for Bridging into our nursing program. LPN to RN page
**Please click on the LINKS below for Step by Step Instructions for our Nursing Program**
Nursing Informational Booklet
Nursing Student To-Do-List
Nursing Student Application
Legal Limitations for Licensure
Cost Estimates for the Nursing Program
(Does not include general education courses.)
Chanute Cost Estimate - Current Students
Chanute Cost Estimate - Fall 2022
Ottawa Cost Estimate - Current Students
Ottawa Cost Estimate - Spring 2023
Nursing Informational Meetings - Required
Nursing Informational Meetings are scheduled to "Empower Students to be Successful."
YOU MUST REGISTER for one of these meetings in order to save a seat at the meeting. The only way to gain admittance to the information meeting is to pre-register.
To register for a meeting on the Chanute campus contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chanute Information Meeting Dates
The 1st Thursday of the month, at 4:00PM, September - December
Mary Grimes School of Nursing (Nursing Building)
Rowland Hall Room 309
800 W. 14th Street
Chanute KS, 66720
1. Apply to NCCC - please bring student ID# and password for Inside NC to the Information meeting.
2. Provide official transcripts
Attendees interested in completing the enrollment process during the meeting will need to bring their assessment scores with them to the meeting: ACT, SAT, ACCUPLACER, or Compass test.
You must register to attend as seats are limited on the Ottawa campus, contact Melodie at email@example.com.
Ottawa Information Meeting Dates
The 1st Thursday of the month, at 4:00PM, September - April
900 E. Logan Street
Ottawa, KS 66067
If you have any questions about enrolling pre-nursing courses, see your advisor or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Attending a meeting and following through with recommendations right away is the best approach.
Application to the Mary Grimes School of Nursing
1. Include a nursing application fee (Non-Refundable - includes cost of entrance exam)
2. Application must be completed and notarized prior to submission.
3. Send /deliver to the nursing department in Chanute or Ottawa.
Click here for nursing general education courses which transfer to NCCC from other Kansas colleges.
NCCC has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide transcript ordering via the Web. You can order transcripts using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
• To order an official transcript(s), login to the appropriate Clearinghouse site below:
Chanute Campus Clearinghouse Site
Ottawa Campus Clearinghouse Site
• The site will walk you through placing your order, including delivery options and fees. You can order as many transcripts as you like in a single session. A processing fee will be charged per recipient.
• Order updates will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online.
Transcripts Mailed to NCCC - Request that the college attended mail official copies of transcript directly to the nursing department. (See the administrative assistant's contact information above for the campus addresses.)
Checking Your Unofficial Transcript from NCCC.
If you are having trouble obtaining a transcript, complete the following:
1. Contact Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) about obtaining a transcript (i.e. from a closed school).
Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson St. Suite 520
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1368
Phone (785) 296-3421
Fax (785) 296-0983
2. KBOR may have the contact number for you.
3. Submit a transcript or an official letter signed by an administrator at the school or KBOR stating the transcript is not available.
Mary Grimes School of Nursing
Neosho County Community College
800 W. 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720