The Neosho County Community College Honors Program offers a unique and challenging learning experience to students with the desire to excel. Members of the program have the opportunity to enroll in special sections (via contract basis) of select general education courses that will provide a stimulating learning experience. Members will also be encouraged to realize their full potential and responsibility for leadership by studying leadership skills using current research and classic examples. They will share these experiences as a member of an exciting and committed learning community.
Benefits of participating in the Honors Program
- Receive leadership training and experience
- Participate in and give scholarly presentations at regional and national honors conferences.
- Experience being a member of an exciting learning community. Receive recognition as an Honors Scholar at graduation and on transcripts.
Honors Program Requirements (for non-scholarship students):
- Students must have a 3.00 GPA to gain admittance into the Honors Program.
- Students must maintain a 3.00 GPA to remain in the Honors Program.
- Students must receive at least a B in the course in order to receive Honors recognition on their transcripts.
- Students must complete 12 credit hours of Honors designed classes to graduate with the Honors Scholar designation
- Students must take the 3 credit hour HUM 250 Leadership class to graduate with the Honors Scholar designation
- Developmental classes may NOT be designated for Honors credit.
- Students must have approval from the Honors Program Director to be admitted into the Program.
For more information contact:
Honors Director, Chanute Campus
620.431.2820 ext. 239
Honors Coordinator, Ottawa Campus
785.242.2067 ext. 303
Students may apply for an Honors Program Scholarship using the general scholarship application and submitting an essay to the Honors Program Coordinators using the essay submission form below.
Honors Program Scholarship Requirements:
- Students must have a 3.50 GPA to be considered for an Honors Program Scholarship.
- Students must maintain a 3.30 cumulative GPA to remain on an Honors Program Scholarship.
- Students must complete one of the Honors essay questions found on the form below to be considered for an Honors Program Scholarship.
To submit an application for the essay or for more information about the honors program go here. The essay submission form works best with Google Chrome.